If you don't like them, you can cover them with the dolls' hair. Both Addy and Josefina have hairstyles that make it easy to cover up the earrings. My Josefina's hair is styled that way right now.

I personally don't think earrings are something girls should be forced to get (at my school it was "WHEN are you getting your ears pierced?" not "are you?"). I was railroaded by a couple of friends to get my ears pierced, and I gave in to peer pressure and regretted it since I got a permanent problem in my earlobes, which have never recovered, despite following instructions. [img]eek.gif[/img] I can understand the concern if this has to do with the earring question many moms have to deal with! [img]wink.gif[/img] But I don't mind the earrings on the dolls since they look really pretty on them and don't snag clothes or anything. They're hooked into the ear really well (so that there's nothing to snag anything). Most of the dolls don't have earrings. I wonder if the earrings have ethnic signifance? I've often wondered why it's the Hispanic and African-American dolls that have them.

<font color="#020176" size="1">[ November 25, 2003 10:25 PM: Message edited by: Melissa ]</font>